Years Of Experience
6 - 9 Years
A reputable company located in Smart Village is hiring a Software Development Manager
- Manage all department staff in performing their delegated tasks
- Ensure that all department staff acquires required skillsets, knowledge and certifications through appropriate training and professional development programs (in coordination with the Human Capital and Administration Division).
- Periodically appraise the staff. Coach and counsel them as required. Encourage good communication among all levels of staff.
- Prepare periodic performance reports for the department and provide inputs to the business unit’s performance report
- Provide inputs for the division’s plans and operational budget.
- Ensure that the division’s policies are developed and periodically reviewed, procedures for various functions are documented and implementation of these policies and procedures is monitored.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, contractual, audit, regulatory, risk management and safety requirements and procedures, especially in respect of IP confidentiality and related risks.
- Maintain efficiency and cost effectiveness of all processes by ensuring that all the technology needs of the business unit are addressed (in coordination with Corporate IT).
- Proven experience as a Software Developer,Software Engineeror similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field