Years Of Experience
6 - 9 Years
An Indirect Channel Sales Manager is requested for an american multinational company located in Cairo
- To agree, monitor and achieve sales targets for both new and existing Distributors, Key accounts and be accountable for their overall performance:
- Financial performance indicators: Volume, Revenue, GP and DSO
- Sales Productivity performance indicators:
- Distributor Direct Sales - Pipeline Strength, Cycle Time, New Customer Wins
- Distributor Indirect Sales – Ensure distribution width and depth by setting distribution Coverage, Productivity and Throughput targets, monitoring and driving these measures.
- Ensure that Distributors are clear and aligned to the annual business plan, and achieve this with a special focus on financial capacity and performance. Link business plans to external alignment and shared vision.
- Ensure that the RTM strategy & marketing plan is converted into sales goals, business objectives and planned activities for the distributor teams.
- Monitor and challenge performance delivery for each distributor with monthly performance reviews that seek to continuously implement solutions that help growth.
- Ensure The Companyis providing the optimized level of service to both distributors and support functions.
- Ensure that all distributor interactions are properly logged and updated in the appropriate tool (Salesforce, Annual Business Plan, Review meetings, Action plans etc).
- Run the distributor capability assessment review twice a year; review and identify distributor current capability versus desired state with actions on gap closure.
- Identify what drives the distributors and what The Companycan offer as distributor value proposition to ensure a competitive edge and a high mindshare to The Company.
- Develop and maintain strong and meaningful relationship and partnership with all distributor owners and key stakeholders by effective communication and team-working activities.
- Ensure Internal alignment between Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Credit, understanding of roles and accountabilities, getting adequate support from the team and developing fit for purpose implementation programs for distributors
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and processes with all Support Functions to assist sales in resolving complex issues
- Jointly with Marketing assess business performance, Strategy, CVPs, Price Management and Customer Offer book and take appropriate action to improve performance.
- Ensure distributors are adequately resourced in finances, cash flow, staff, infrastructure and necessary tools. Identify and record gaps, provide timely feedback link with distributor capability assessments.
- Ensure timely and complete onboarding of any new distributor appointed in a market.
- Gather relevant sales, marketing and competitive data related to distributor market and performance, and share analysis, reviews and necessary support required for solutions.
- Degree level education / Master’s degree in a relevant discipline would be preferred but is not essential subject to proven business experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years proven and successful sales experience managing sales growth through Distributors in the lubricants, associated automotive business, FMCG or other distribution driven industries in Egypt.
- Track record of providing innovative sales solutions to business challenges through "value" based differentiation in a "sell through" environment.
- Developing a strong win-win relationship with distributors that is based on functional and professional consulting and coaching
- Coaching skills: capable to influence others out of the reporting line, active listener, capable to provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate capability to take decision with uncertain data.
- Capable to stand in front of confronting discussion, do not be afraid of managing conflicting calls and work to create win-win solutions.
- A highly motivated and self-starting individual that is driven by results delivery in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment
- Strong analytical skills with ability to gather data and information to analyze and propose growth strategies and tactics in professional reports.
- A demonstrated ability to be a team player that can build productive working relationships at all levels within organizations both internally and externally.
- Excellent negotiation skills that enable business growth through securing opportunities and providing profitable / optimal solutions distributors or internal teams.
- Excellent communication skills, effective communicator via telephone and email.
- Hands on, proactive and problem solving mentality, always looking for process improvements and able to work on different projects at the same time.
- Desire to continually learn and develop as an individual as well as the team.
- Time in market of 60 % is expected
- Fluency in oral and written English is required