Working effectively with your manager needs exceptional skills. The skills that you require to manage upwards are quite crucial. This course is about acknowledging the value of the productive two-way relationship you have with your manager who is your internal customer.
This program brings management and their direct reports to a meeting point that fulfills company objectives and staff satisfaction as well as maximizing profitability and employee involvement.
- Understanding your boss:
- Goals and objectives
- The essentials of effective workplace communication
- Misreading Boss-Subordinate Relationship
- Seeing the big picture
- Knowing manager’s agenda and priorities
- Understanding manager’s management style
- Manager expectations
- Handling different styles of managers successfully
- Assess yourself and your needs:
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Personal style
- Developing your skills
- Maintain boss relationship
- Work stress and how the manager adds to it
- Coping with emotions
- Face-to-face with your boss
- The Do’s and Don’ts of communicating with your manager
- Keeping your manager informed
- Selectively using boss’s time and resource
- Receiving criticism without being aggressive
- How to listen…and be listened to
- Feedback techniques
- Managing a difficult boss!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Operate confidently and proficiently by developing key skills in their relationship with their manager
- Influence others’ behavior without formal power or authority
- Discover why managing upwards fails
- View their managers as internal customers
- Manage personality differences that could impact manager/staff relationships and effectively deal with “difficult” managers
- Create excellent communication flow between themselves and their managers
- Identify what motivates and demotivates their managers
- Influence management in ways that benefit both sides
Who Should Attend
Any staff that are looking to build a more positive working relationship with their managers.
Two days from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
One week before the course date
- 1700 EGP (Registration is confirmed only upon payment)
- Fees include materials and attendance certificate
- Complimentary coffee breaks, juices and light lunch
Top Business premises: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
- Payment should be made one week prior to course.
- Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name or cash to our address.