Years Of Experience
6 - 9 Years
A multinational company located near Cornish El Nil- El Tahrir is hiring an Environmental and Social Compliance Officer
- Ensure the correct implementation of environmental and social measures, according to national legislation and international standards.
- Ensure project complies with Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards.
- Ensure compliance with company’s Sustainability Policy.
- Ensure the appropriate execution of Environmental and Social Plans, including but not limited to: Stakeholder Engagement Plan, Environmental Management Plan, Occupational Health and Safety Plan, Waste Management Plan, Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan.
- Update Environmental and Social Plans as needed.
- Contribute to planning and executing environmental and social activities.
- Ensure the implementation of different environmental and social commitments and agreements that have been acquired by the project.
- Supervise that actions developed by the project are executed in a harmonious way with the residents of the surrounding communities.
- Provide expert opinion on HSE issues.
- Supervise HSE compliance of contractor and subcontractors.
- Review contractors working plans as related to health, safety, environment and social issues.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- Formal educational background :University degree within Environment, Agriculture, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum five-year work experience in environmental and social monitoring of infrastructure and renewable energy projects.
- Knowledge of International Environmental and Social standards like Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards.
- Knowledge of Municipal and National Laws and Regulations
- Knowledge in handling social conflicts
- Knowledge in field gathering information at all levels.
- Knowledge in communication plans
- Knowledge of Office, Windows, Internet