Years Of Experience
Over 15 years
A pharmaceutical company located in Algeria is hiring a Plant Manager position
People Management and Leadership
- Manage all operations in the manufacturing site
- Promote an environment of collaboration, engagement and overall well-being
- Ensure all employees are aware of and comply with company, regulatory and customer policies and procedures
- Conduct a weekly/monthly meeting with all function heads to ensure proper communication and workflow for the achievement of the monthly plans.
- Conduct goal setting, performance appraisals and mentoring/coaching for own team members; collaborate with HR in manpower planning, succession planning and recruitment activities and identifying training needs of team
- Provide leadership, planning and management of all operations including maintenance, facilities, production and safety
Planning and Process Improvement
- Develop manufacturing strategy and plans for the facility’s equipment, cost, and manpower.
- Prepare annual manufacturing business plan for the next year (1 plan by mid-December)
- Directing & reviewing preparation of the monthly production plans (12 plans per year)
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all operational processes.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports to the GM and global manufacturing committee on the operating condition of the manufacturing facility.
- Identify and implement operational metrics to drive efficiency in the organization
- Making sure that entire workings of the manufacturing plant to be according to good pharmaceutical manufacturing practice
- Ensure products are made to the highest quality standards
- Work to meet cost and safety guidelines, while meeting customers’ expectations and requirements
- Spearhead activities aimed to improve efficiency, material management, utilization of capital, on-time delivery and engineering
- Prepare annual operating budget including major activities to ensure successful cost performance.
- Coordinate with Tech Support, Scale-up and Technology Transfer teams for transfer of technology and troubleshooting
- Stay up to date with registration plans to ensure plants plan new products on the production plans & deliverables of materials.
Audits & Compliance
- Take the lead on site audit preparation and execution. Partner with Quality, Safety, and the other key stakeholders on inspection readiness and response
- Ensure production efficiency is achieved while quality standards are not compromised
- Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with FDA, local MoH and OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, Engineering or Industrial Operations
- 15+ years of experience in managing manufacturing plants, minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in managing plant operations.
- Very strong experience in manufacturing.
- Very strong experienced with requirements of EMA regulation
- Very strong leadership and communication skillsProficiency in both written and spoken Arabic and English languages, French language is a plus
- A firm understanding of Regulatory and GMP Requirements
- High technical competency using computers including proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience in ERP systems implementations.
- LEAN, LEAN Six Sigma or Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Excellent experience in managing teams and people management
- Medical Insurance
- Mobile Allowance