Years Of Experience
6 - 9 Years
An international hotel near Corniche El Nil is hiring a Learning and Development Manager
- Prepare the departmental annual budget.
- Monitor and control departmental cost on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the hotel strategic plan, goals program, and Training Departmental Budget.
- Prepare, customize, and deliver management programs based on the identified needs.
- Analyse training needs of the hotel in general and individual departments, and develop strategies, which address needs, presenting in the form of a Training Business Plan for the General Manager and Executive Committee for review.
- Familiarize yourself with the ICHG HR and Training Standards, localizing where necessary.
- Monitor the progress of the Training Business Plan for each department to ensure that the training objectives are being achieved.
- Maintains all hotel training records.
- Establish a training library of books, videos, journals and audio visual materials to assist trainers in their training programs and for staff personal development.
- Design, produce and implement training programs which meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured and that training is effective.
- Attend departmental training session and critique performance.
- Use ICHG benchmarks to monitor success of training programs and amend your efforts accordingly. Ex: CAPS, GSI, achievement of budget, etc.
- Assist Department Trainers in preparing and conducting departmental training and assess accordingly.
- Prepare and monitor training programs for: Management Trainees, Work Experience, and Hotel School Trainees, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Hotel Management, Business, Education, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 5 or more years of progressive work-related experience in training design and facilitation, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position, as well as at least 2 years prior supervisory or team leader experience.
- Fluency in speaking, writing, and reading both English and Arabic Languages.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and developing people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Service/Hospitality industry, hotel operations and systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
- Group Training Certificate (GTC) Master Trainer/Registered Assessor preferred.
- Demonstrated instructional design skills to effectively develop client focused training programs.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of training design principles and practices.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills and ability to communicate information to groups in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers, employees and senior management.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Leadership capabilities and ability to coach and mentor others.