This course is targeting candidates with at least 3 years of experience in managing projects and having the intentions to pass the PMP on-line exam and get certified.
Candidates can be from any professional background and working in any specialty and not confined to the engineering career.
The course covers the entire PMBOK syllabus and highlight project management best practices, which will be demonstrated in the case studies, simulated projects and sample exam questions.
During the 5 days, the course will cover the following topics:
- • Introduction
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- Areas of Expertise
- Project Management context
- Project Lifecycle and Organization
- The Project Life Cycle based on PMI methodology, Identification and selection, Project Definition, Project execution, and Production & close out.
- Project Stakeholders with their responsibility matrix (project governance)
- Organizational Influences
- Phase 1 Project Identification and selection
- Business case components
- Business case development
- Financial Profitability indicators
- Opex Vs Capex calculations
- Different types of costs
- Cost benefit analysis calculations
- NPV and IRR indicators
- ROI and profitability margins
- Introducing the balanced scorecard
- Identifying project KPIs
- Dash board reporting and war room
- Simulation and case study
- Introducing the concept of histogram
- Modeling using the histogram & Pareto
- Phase 2 Project Definition
- Introducing the scope statement of the work
- Development of WBS
- Assigning activity list per control account
- Developing project network diagram
- Calculation of project Man-days
- Assessment of the project RAM & RACL
- Project Flow chart
- Concepts of OBS and influence of organization process assets
- Calculation of project cost and development of BOQ
- Risk assessment and calculations
- Probability impact matrix
- Calculations of mean, median, variance and standard deviation
- Network simulation
- Phase 3 & 4 Project Execution Control, and closure
- Control Cost and forecast techniques
- Quality control charts
- Schedule control and scenario options
- Schedule crashing and leveling
- Closure process and claim management
- Contract closure and termination
- Other control techniques (EMV – EV- CPM- PERT)
- Project Modules to be covered
- Project Framework
- Project Initiation management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality management
- Project HR Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Participants will be engaged for the whole program in a captivating physical project. They are going to apply all the knowledge areas of project management in an actual project executed using an Experiential Learning Kit, especially designed for by PMPs® for future PMPs®. Simulation will include case study for a real project where attendees will be asked to design, assess the cost /time needed to complete the project. Afterwards, real execution will take place and throughout the execution there will be a continuous control check points to evaluate the project and provide feedback.
- To be able to go through the PMP exam, you should attend 35 Hours & receive a certificate from our certified instructor under his registration#.
After attending the program, the candidate should be able to:
- Initiate a project.
- Define project scope.
- Develop schedule and cost performance baselines for a project
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Analyze project risks.
- Define project procurement requirements
- Execute, control and close the project perfectly.
- Apply worldwide best practices and methodologies in Project Management.
- Be Prepared for PMP® exam for those who want to obtain the PMP® certificate in the future.
Note: PMI® is the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMP® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Who should attend:
Those who work in Project Management Department, Project Controls, Contract Formations & Cost Controllers
- Five days from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- One week before the course date
- 5000 EGP (Registration is confirmed only upon payment)
- Fees include materials and attendance certificate
- Complimentary coffee breaks and light lunch
- Top Business Training Center: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
- Payment should be made one week prior to course.
- Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name or cash to our address