Understanding cost accounting is a base tool in the accounting and financial process to correctly price products and services.
Solid understanding of cost accounting helps in several managerial decisions through understanding concepts related to acquiring and processing raw materials into a finished product. Accounting for this manufacturing process entails consideration of all key cost components that are necessary to produce finished goods, in addition to decisions in several situations.
Cost Volume Profit helps one assess business profitability and growth. It requires an awareness of cost behavior. CVP can be modified to calculate alternative measures, such as sales necessary to achieve a target income level.
• An Introduction & Fields of Accounting.
• The Nature of Cost & Cost Classifications.
• Product costs versus period costs.
• Cost behavior pattern; variable, fixed, and mixed costs.
• Absorption Costing & Variable Costing Systems & how they affect income.
• Cost Volume Profit “CVP” Analysis & The Break-Even Point in units & in Value.
• The Link Between Strategic Planning, Budgeting & Cost Management & Control.
• Responsibility Accounting & Segment Reporting.
• Costs for Decisions in Special Situations.
• Decision Making & Relevant Information
• Segment Reporting.
The course derives it is objectives from the key data provided by cost accounting to managers to assist them in their planning and control functions in addition to determining costs of products, services and customers. Cost accountants are becoming an integral part of the company’s decisions making process.
Who Should attend:
Financial personnel who need to know about cost behaviors and classifications for planning and controlling through budgeting applications and for taking corrective actions through variance reports and those who need to improve their skills in constructing and controlling a budget.
Anyone from non-financial discipline, needing to evaluate proposed business expenditure decisions and who need to know more about cost classification and their implications on operations and budget preparation during their business careers.
Course Duration: 3 days from 9:00AM to 3:00PM
Registration Deadline: one week before the course date
Top Business premises: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
• Course fees include material, light lunch, coffee break and certificate.
• Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name, cash to our address or by bank transfer.
• Payment is due within 3 working days from course confirmation. Your registration is confirmed only after course payment
• Payment is nonrefundable, however participant can be substituted or can attend next confirmed round of the same course or another course.