Competency-based Interviewing Skills (CBIS) is an interactive training program designed to teach you how to define competencies that drives performance and how to craft questions around core, leadership and functional competencies; prepare the interview questions peppered with lots of practices. Moreover it will help you to address the common mistakes that most hiring managers’ commit such as conducting an unstructured interview or the contrast error pitfall.
- The Nature of Competency-based Approach
- Understanding different competency levels
- Learning how competency models are structured
- Comprehending the difference between traditional interviewing and competency-based one.
- Preparing for Competency-based Structured Interviews
- Developing competency based questions
- Avoiding leading and commonly asked questions
- Preparing benchmark answers
- Conducting Interviews
- Building rapport with the interviewees
- Using different behavior-based questions to asses and evaluate the required level of competencies
- Listening to the interviewees’ voice and understanding their body language clues
- Taking notes which enables fair and coherent evaluation
- Closing and Evaluation
- Learning how to professionally close the interview
- Evaluating the appropriateness of the candidate to the required job.
- A balanced use of mini lectures, cases studies, role plays and group discussions.
- Participants would be given opportunities to prepare and perform interviews using realistic scenarios.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn how competency models are structured
- Prepare structured interview questions based on competencies
- Build rapport and encourage interviewees to talk
- Use different types of questions (behavioral, situational, job-related, stress and puzzle)
- Observe the non-verbal signs (body language and voice) of the interviewees
- Learn how to take short, useful notes during the interview
- Fairly evaluate different candidates and avoiding the contrast error
- Avoid the common interviewing pitfalls and selection errors
Who Should Attend
- HR managers
- Recruitment and Selection Specialists
- Line managers
- Executives and other individuals who are likely involved in the selection process and are keen to harness their interviewing skills
Our curriculum is designed to provide step-by-step practical guide on how to prepare, conduct and close a professional interview.
- Three days from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- One week before the course date
- Top Business Training Center: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
Registration & Payment:
- Course fees include material, light lunch, coffee break and certificate.
- Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name, cash to our address or by bank transfer.
- Payment is due within 3 working days from course confirmation. Your registration is confirmed only after course payment
- Payment is nonrefundable, however participant can be substituted or can attend next confirmed round of the same course or another course.