Project Management is the process and activity of planning, organizing, motivating, and controlling resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals in scientific or daily problems. A project is a temporary endeavor designed to produce a unique product, service or result with a defined beginning and end, undertaken to meet unique goals and objectives, typically to bring about beneficial change or added value. The temporary nature of projects stands in contrast with business as usual (or operations), which are repetitive, permanent, or semi-permanent functional activities to produce products or services. In practice, the management of these two systems is often quite different, and as such requires the development of distinct technical skills and management strategies.
- General introduction on the main concepts in project management
- Defining the meaning behind project lifecycle and project management lifecycle
- Project characteristics and behavior along the total lifecycle
- Project scope management handling (writing down project scope statement)
- Characteristics of specification writing
- Forming project network diagram
- Calculation of the critical path and activity floats
- Calculation of project man-days and effort requirement
- Calculation of project duration and contingency plans
- Calculation of project cost and budget
- Implementing the concept of earned value to assess project progress and projection
- Generating project performance and status reports
- Risk management and response plans
- Introducing the concept of tornado diagram and decision tree
- Contract types and selection criteria
- Hands on MS project for implementing the main theories of PM
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
Who Should Attend
- Appreciate the role and impacts of the logistics function both within the organization and externally.
- Understand international freight procedures & documentation.
- Understand and develop effective resource planning.
- Develop optimized work processes covering: operational, security, and financial areas including cost management and reduction.
- Be able to effectively engage and manage customs relationships to avoid bribery, overpayments and extortion.
- Take away specific action plans to further develop their role and organizational benefit.
- Understand the latest Project management principles.
- Evaluate and preparing you starting PMP certification.
- Delegates who have a sound knowledge of basic project management, people who want to understand the cause - effect relationships and interactions among the sociotechnical dimensions of projects. Improve competency in these dimensions of a project. Individuals who want to enhance a competitive edge as a project manager.
- Five days from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- One week before the course date
- Top Business premises: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
Registration & Payment:
- Course fees include material, light lunch, coffee break and certificate.
- Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name, cash to our address or by bank transfer.
- Payment is due within 3 working days from course confirmation. Your registration is confirmed only after course payment
- Payment is nonrefundable, however participant can be substituted or can attend next confirmed round of the same course or another course.