In these cost conscious times do managers wonder about making the right buying decisions? Do they want to “get it right first time?” This course unravels the web of purchasing and clarifies all stages of the purchasing process. This interactive training course considers fundamental elements of the purchasing process together with basic tools and techniques used within a purchasing and supply chain role. It will ensure that delegates know the end-to-end process, how purchasing can contribute and when to apply a range of purchasing tools and techniques. This working knowledge of all the key practical aspects will help participants to do their job better.
- The role of purchasing
- Working with other departments
- The purchasing cycle
- Category sourcing process and its key constituents.
- Producing the RFQ/ tender document.
- Performance measurement
- Managing the supplier relationship
- Source the right supplier
- Negotiate for the best offer
- Post tender appraisal
- Understand and use purchasing ethics
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Who Should Attend
- Negotiate confidently with suppliers for a win-win situation
- Apply methods to drive costs down and quality up, for a best value purchasing solution systems for efficient buying practice.
- Differentiate between different types of suppliers and their products according to availability and strategic importance of the requirements,
- See the bigger picture and get the results they want.
- Understand the need for the involvement of purchasing in specification development.
- Undertake supplier appraisal, How to develop a post tender appraisal and be able to develop tender/RFQ templates.
- Differentiate between performance and supplier relationship management.
- Those newly appointed to a purchasing role, or purchasing executives and buyers who wish to learn best practice.
- This course would also be useful for salespeople who want to gain a full understanding of the purchasing function
- Two days from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- One week before the course date
Registration & Payment:
- Top Business Training Center: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
- Course fees include material, light lunch, coffee break and certificate.
- Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name, cash to our address or by bank transfer.
- Payment is due within 3 working days from course confirmation. Your registration is confirmed only after course payment
- Payment is nonrefundable, however participant can be substituted or can attend next confirmed round of the same course or another course.