The advanced logistics management course fully covers the role and impact of logistics upon the organization both from a delivery of service, security, safety, transportation models, inventory models (EOQ and EPQ) and cost efficiency and optimization perspective. The materials are further developed to enable delegates to appreciate and manage international shipping systems and documentation and to develop effective relationships with external contractors and customs to ensure that their organization operates safely, securely and at optimum cost. Examples of global best practice are delivered throughout the course to enable delegates to fully embed the learning in order that they can apply within their roles upon returning to their work following the course.
Overview of Logistics Function & Position within the Supply Chain:
- Overview of advanced Logistics function – including the position of Logistics and it’s interring action with both internal departments and external contractors.
- Process mapping the Logistics chain for optimized results.
- The impact of advanced logistics management both upon: the organization’s financial resources, plus internal and external customer service impacts.
- Integrating logistics forecasting with peak demands and resource planning to optimize the cost efficiency of the logistics function.
- Inventory EOQ and EPQ models.
- Location analysis and Global best practice.
Advanced Logistics Management Techniques:
- Understanding and developing best practice consignment management - including process efficiency, loading and unloading, health and safety of staff, management of hazardous goods, and environmental impacts of goods transit.
- Effective cost control via utilization of logistics assets – including staff, optimized work flows, journey planning and material handling equipment.
- Forecasting techniques, in certain, uncertain and risky situations, errors handling, and its impact on the safety stock
- Maintenance of effective inventory and financial records and reporting.
- International supply chains – including process flows for “port to destination” for land, sea and air transportation.
- Data management.
- Location analysis techniques
- Logistics documentation – including internal, external contractors and customs
- Requirements and best practice.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the role and impacts of the logistics function both within the organization and externally.
- Understand international freight procedures & documentation.
- Understand and develop effective resources planning.
- Develop optimized work processes covering: operational, delivery, transportation, and inventory handling, security, and financial areas including cost management and reduction.
- Be able to effectively engage and manage customs relationships to avoid bribery, overpayments and extortion.
- Take away specific action plans to further develop their role and organizational benefit.
Who Should Attend
Delegates who have a sound knowledge of basic logistics management, principles, and who are looking for new and innovative techniques for achieving competitive edge for their team and organization.
Three days from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
One week before the course date
Top Business premises: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
Registration & Payment:
- Course fees: 3950 EGP
- Course fees include material, light lunch, coffee break and certificate.
- Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name, cash to our address or by bank transfer.
- Payment is due within 3 working days from course confirmation. Your registration is confirmed only after course payment
- Payment is nonrefundable, however participant can be substituted or can attend next confirmed round of the same course or another course.