Why does some people find it easy to solve tough problems with simple solutions, while others find this feat nearly impossible? You’ve no doubt looked at solutions to problems and said, “I should have thought of that” but you didn’t. The answer is not just creativity, although that certainly helps. Rather, the power to find these creative solutions lies in our ability to search for and find facts that relate to the situation, and put them together in ways that work. As an individual, your facts and knowledge can only go so far. By tapping into the knowledge of others (staff, colleagues, family, or friends), you can expand the range of solutions available to you.
If you are tired of applying dead-end solutions to recurring problems in your company, this workshop should help you reconstruct your efforts and learn new ways to approach problem solving, and develop practical ways to solve some of your most pressing problems and reach win-win decisions.
- What is a problem?
- Problems as opportunities.
- Problem solving defined.
- General Steps of Problem Solving.
- Common mistakes
- Problem solving is the way you think.
- Your tools to Creativity and Innovation:
- Brainstorming and Brain writing
- Origin of brainstorming.
- Purpose of brainstorming.
- How to do it?
- Rules of brainstorming.
- What to do when the brainstorming session goes bad?
- Lateral thinking is an approach to creativity applying various structured techniques.
- If the hat fits!
- With creative problem solving, decisions seem to make themselves!
- Individual Plan of Action to apply the learning points in the job
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Increase your awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools.
- Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem.
- Improve your problem solving and decision making skills through identifying your own problem solving style.
- Identify ways to think creatively and work towards creative solutions.
- Recognize the top rules of good decision-making.
- Spot problems and consider their impact and magnitude
- Run a systematic problem analysis and investigation procedure for problems
- Use creative thinking techniques for getting ideas and options for solutions
- Developing a process for making decisions and choosing an alternative
- Tap into their creative abilities.
Who Should Attend
Individuals at any level of an organization who want to apply creative problem solving and critical−thinking skills to their decision-making process.
Two days from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
One week before the course date
- 1700 EGP (Registration is confirmed only upon payment)
- Fees include materials and attendance certificate
- Complimentary coffee breaks, juices and light lunch
Top Business premises: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
- Payment should be made one week prior to course.
- Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name or cash to our address.