This course is designed to provide delegates with a thorough understanding and appreciation of safe working practices within the warehouse function; course content covers not only best practice when using manual handling and mechanical handling equipment but equips delegates with the necessary skills to effectively identify risks both to themselves and others during the working day through a combination of theory, discussion and practical training. In addition delegates will receive visual templates to act as a reminder of global best practice and to ensure that the Learning objectives continue to be implemented after the course thus protecting both the operatives and their organization.
OVERVIEW OF WAREHOUSE FUNCTION & POSITION WITHIN THE SUPPLY CHAIN:
- Overview of advanced Warehouse function – including the warehouse environment, work flows and management systems.
- Process mapping the warehouse for optimized results.
- The impact of advanced warehouse management both upon: the organization’s financial resources, plus internal and external customer service impacts.
- Integrating supply chain forecasting with peak capability and resource planning of the warehouse function.
- Risk management.
- Global best practice.
ADVANCED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES:
- Understanding and developing warehouse product category management - including process efficiency, health and safety of staff, management of hazardous goods, environmental impacts of storage & disposal.
- Integrating “just in time” (JIT) within the warehouse environment – including process,` features, benefits, supplier engagement/management and risk mitigation
- Effective utilization of warehouse assets – including staff, “pick and pack” optimized work flows and material handling equipment.
- Quality management systems – including maintenance of effective inventory and financial records and reporting.
- Stock control procedures – including creating optimized goods location management, effective stock rotation procedures and safe disposal systems.
EFFECTIVE WAREHOUSE SAFETY & SECURITY MANAGEMENT:
- Identifying areas of risk including:
- Physical security of premises.
- Staff security systems in order to reduce losses.
- Management of external contractors.
- Financial and process risks.
- Health & safety risk both to staff and external contractors.
- Environmental risks.
- Creating effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Business contingency planning.
- Disaster recovery –physical, operational and electronic.
EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & COST REDUCTION:
- Benefits of strong financial management controls.
- Storage cost analysis methodologies and application – ensuring effective utilization of space resource and effective return on investment.
- Stock identification systems.
- Stock valuation systems.
- Security and stock loss systems.
- Effective inventory management.
- Effective inventory auditing/ stocktaking systems and strategies.
- Delegates will create an optimized warehouse function plan, developed from the existing warehouse profile and incorporating the techniques learned over the previous days including;
- Resource planning.
- Operational optimization.
- Safety & Security & financial optimization and planning.
- Action planning – delegates will create individual action plans based around both their area of responsibility within the overall warehouse plan and the collective goals of the organization.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
Who Should Attend
- Appreciate the role and impacts of the warehouse function both within the organization and externally.
- Understand and develop effective resource and space planning/analysis techniques.
- Effectively manage inventory.
- Effectively reduce costs.
- Effectively manage staff safety and security.
- Effectively integrate JIT for operational and financial benefit.
- Develop optimized work processes covering: operational, security, and financial areas.
- Be able to effectively engage with stakeholder departments in order to optimize overall business efficiency and reporting.
- Take away specific action plans to further develop their role and organizational benefit.
- Understand and implement safe working practices for both manual handling and mechanical handling equipment.
- Identify risks both to themselves and others within the warehouse function.
- Complete daily safety and maintenance routines.
- Use all types of handling equipment proficiently and safely.
- Develop personal/departmental action plans to manage safety effectively.
Delegates who have a sound knowledge of basic warehouse management principles and who are looking for new and innovative ways of achieving competitive edge for their team and organization.
Three days from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
One week before the course date
- 3150 EGP (Registration is confirmed only upon payment)
- Fees include materials and attendance certificate
- Complimentary coffee breaks, juices and light lunch
Top Business premises: 17, Abdel Wahab Selim Elbeshry St. Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
- Payment should be made one week prior to course.
- Payment by cheque in Top Business’s name or cash to our address.